No printing or copying pictures

Friday, February 19, 2010

So Much to Do, So Little Time Left!

I know I've been pushing the WAO staff , as we work hard to turn the WAO around.  I think Nicole and Marsha receive the most pushing from me, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds or driving them nuts.  I just know if we don't improve the grounds and the WAO's public reputation, the Orphanage will continue to slide into debt. 

I know the ladies are up to the challenge and we will all get through these difficult times.

From: kbrunner@...

To: waonicole@...
Subject: Re: Email Update
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:02:18 -0600

Thanks for the info! I've delivered another 100+ WAO brochures today! Have you seen an increase in green card coupons and drawing for the T-shirt cards?


BTW~ would you be interested in setting up a Groupon for the spring break guests? I think it would be a great advertisement! We can talk more on this later!


Hope you survive the meeting...k

----- Original Message -----


From: Nicole Garcia
To: kbrunner@...
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:44 AM
Subject: RE: Email Update


animals are great and you and Marsha can decide on the auction.


Nicole Garcia
________________________________________


From: kbrunner@...
To: waonicole@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Email Update
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:25:47 -0600


Whew! Thanks for helping to get the animals fresh mulch - sounds like we are right on track. If the guys have have the weedeaters out and ready to go tomorrow, we'll tackle the growth around the tiger cages as the grass has grown rather high in some places. I think we can knock out the weeding first so the tours will see a well-manicured grounds.!


I'll get with Marsha on the table advertisements - does this mean no auction? If no auction, I will have to let KONO know soon so they can pull it from the commercials.


I checked the web traffic and it appears to be going up! You had over 100 visitors in just one day -- no sure what the normal traffic is for the website, but I'll keep an eye on the numbers each day to see how the traffic is flowing through the site.


Don't forget, need details on the new arrivals for the March newsletter - perhaps one of the animal caretakers can send me something about the new tigers. You didn't mention how the animals were doing? Everyone make it through the freeze this week?


Anyhoo, good luck with the board meeting. Perhaps you can encourage them to help with the March 27th event? We need more volunteers to help with traffic flow and parking. Also need to station folks around the trail to make sure folks from large groups do not branch off to conduct their "own" tours.


Hang in there kiddo - it will eventually slow down - the first year of a major organizational change is the worst -- after that it gets much better. I scheduled a day of leave to help set up for March 26th, making sure the tables are ready, grounds are clean, animals and their enclosures look perfect for their big open house. I'll see if I can get the Juveniles to help prepare the grounds on that Friday to make sure the parking lot looks perfect and to make signs for overflow parking in case we need it! Also, KONO will probably come out to check on the power source and where they plan to place the party tent.


Hugs,


k
----- Original Message -----


From: Nicole Garcia
To: kbrunner@...
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 9:22 AM
Subject: RE: Email Update


Okay -


Mulch is on the way.

Weedeaters are here.


Marsha can handle the arts and crafts tables.


Directions are perfect.


No responses on the commercials.

Parking not secured yet.

Mindy is doing the same but not bad.


Bubba - I will talk to her today. Today is a BUSY day because of the board meeting which will take hours.

I LOVE YOU and yes I am always busy busy busy.


Thank you and I miss you and we should go to dinner or lunch soon.


Nicole Garcia
________________________________________


From: kbrunner@...
To: waonicole@
Subject: Email Update
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:12:42 -0600


Greetings Nicole:


It never fails...it seems every time I call, you have someone on the other line, someone waiting for you, some place you have to go, you are driving and cannot talk, you are in the store and cannot talk, you aren't feeling well, yada yada yada, so I figured the best way to communicate is through email until you find some free time.


On Saturday, the CSR juvenile work crew will be mulching tiger enclosures (Bubba, T'savo, and the run-off area next to Mac & Shirley/Apollo & Dee Dobins' enclosures). Can you please ask someone to remove the bad hay/mulch next to the clinic and have someone bring in some good mulch from the creek bed?


We will also need to have two operating weed eaters on Saturday. I tried to start them last weekend, but they were both out of gas and no one had the key to the fuel storage area. If someone could make sure they are operational, I would most appreciate it!


Did you want me to put on the website something about accepting arts/crafts vendor tables for the March 27th event? If so, what is the cost of the vendor tables or do you want the vendors to call you to discuss price?


Did you like the addition of the "directions" page on the web site? Did you happen to notice any other changes I made (other than correction the animal pictures)??? All okay? I tried to call you earlier today to discuss the changes, but you were not available -- so I figured if you didn't like it, I could always just take it down.


Were either Marsha or Kim able to secure additional parking from the Church (empty parking area nearest their ball field) for the March 27th event?

I'm working on the next newsletter and so I will need some information on the new tigers. Is there a web link I can visit to obtain the history of the two tigers? If not, can someone send me the biographical data on the animals? Any construction projects you would like to see in the newsletter? Any other special items you'd like to see in the newsletter? Is the WAO still holding an auction? If not, I'll need to let KONO know right away and I'll change the entry in the newsletter.


How did the animals do this week (freeze should be over for now)? Did everyone make it through it okay without injury or worse?


Did Dr. Finkelstein say whether or not Bubba needed pancreas as part of his diet? If so, when will I receive the letter from the vet? How is Mindy doing?


Did you receive any responses from the commercials that ran today? I had several people tell me they saw the commercial and they really liked it. Any response from your end? I sent you earlier this evening an updated commercial schedule -- I asked KSAT-12 to send me the schedule for each day so we can randomly check to make sure the commercials air. Remember, trust, but verify.


Please thank Marsha for me as she has been sending the email address regularly -- the newsletter list is growing again!

Well, that should do it for now. k

No comments:

Post a Comment