No printing or copying pictures

Monday, November 21, 2011

An Assault Committed Over the WAO Animals?

Normally, I'm not interested in the petty, illegal going-ons of the current WAO "directors," Michelle and Jamie Cryer, but this particular incident (assuming if it is all true) exemplifies why I did not want the Cryers anywhere near the WAO animals.

Here is what I was told:

Allegedly, on June 12, 2011, Jamie and Michelle Cryer were drinking in a local bar called Fast Eddie's located near the former WAO Leslie Road facility, when Ron Asvestas entered bar. I heard that Jamie Cryer started taunting Asvestas by yelling out something like "I've got tigers, and I've got lions..." and Asvestas reportedly responded with "Yeah, but they are either dying or in the process of being taken away from you..." Nasty exchanges were made back and forth until Cryer allegedly came up behind Asvestas at the bar and started choking him. Asvestas supposedly was thrown to the floor, with Cryer still trying to choke him. I heard the bartender and bouncer had to pull Cryer off of Asvestas. Cryer allegedly fled the scene with his wife in tow after Asvestas called the police.

Crazy, huh? Wanting to verify this story, I visited SAPD and obtained a copy of the assault report. Sure enough, there was a report on file for an assault incident at Fast Eddie's involving Asvestas, but the "suspect's" name was suspiciously blank! The story I heard pretty much matches up with the SAPD narrative report. I thinking it was left off because the officer was not present to witness the assault and therefore cannot add Cryer's name to the report.

SAPD Assault Report - 061211


SAPD Key Card for Asvestas_Cryer Incident on 061211?

Is anyone besides myself outraged by the acts of the Cryers, assuming the above story is true? Why didn't Michelle Cryer speak up? Or did she, making the situation worse by joining in on the taunting? And these are the individuals taking care of the remaining WAO animals at Talley Road. Oh, jeez.

I was also saddened to learn the Asvestas' son burned the WAO sign that used to hang on the outside of the visitor building. What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment