No printing or copying pictures

Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Easter Trip to In-Sync Exotics!

As the WAO case slowly winds down,  I am left to contemplate how the former WAO animals are doing in their new home?  Are they well cared for?  Are they loved?  After all they have been through, it is the one wish I have left for them.

Last week I traveled to Dallas area to see three former WAO animals were doing:  Okemo, Sabu, and Jinxie.

Since it was their Easter Celebration at In-Sync Exotics, I brought along some festive balls for the animals to enjoy.  I know how much the animals loved them at the WAO, and it was my hope they would be a hit at In-Sync.

So, I prepared 10 balls and made the 4 hour drive from San Antonio, to Wylie Texas.  The trip was uneventful, thankfully, and I arrived after the event started.  The place was packed!

Knowing this was probably the last time I would see Okemo again, Vicky allowed me to see him and say my goodbyes.  Okemo, shy of crowds, stayed in his den, so I was only able to capture a couple of pictures from the walkway.  Despite his illness, he looked great; he has filled out so much since his arrival.  




I just breaks my heart knowing that now that he has a great home, his time is so limited with In-Sync because of the cancer he acquired while living at the WAO.  It's just not fair.  I may not have known Okemo (he lived at Talley Road) very well, I can't help but think of him as WAO family, worthy of a happy long life with his new keepers.

After making a tearful goodbye, I went to visit with Sabu and Jinxie.  The both looked great!

Here's a picture of Jinxie taking a snooze:



She looks great!  Her coat looks beautiful -- so much better than when she lived at the WAO.  Living at In-Sync really seems to agree with her.  Later in the day, I was able to visit with her for awhile before I made the trip back home:








What you can't see it the yellow ball she was playing with while I was talking to her.  She is so playful!  At one point, she got up, roared at the "White Boy" lions you can see next to her, and then returned back to me, rubbing up against the enclosure, making cute little sounds, which I'd like to think was made as a sign of recognition. 

Last, but not least, I got to watch Sabu receive one of the balls I made for him!  I added extra "Obsession for Men" on outside of the ball and Allspice in the center of the festive ball.   Here's some video I took of Sabu, so you can see for yourself how much he loved the treat!









I miss Sabu so much!  It's hard to believe that out of all the original animals I was out to save in 2005, Sabu, Bubba, Princess, and Jake, only Sabu is alive today.  May God bless him with a long and happy life!  Oh, and I almost forgot to mention--last month Sabu's vitamin A report came in and it's up again!  Now it's at 166!!  Getting closer to 200!  Looks like great and vitamins is really helping Sabu -- he really had a great time playing with the festive ball!



I didn't get to spend much time with Sabu because he was so fascinated by his festive ball!  I'm really glad I went to see Okemo, Jinxie and Sabu last Saturday.  They were worth the trip!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment