No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, December 26, 2013

WAO Refused to Provide OAG With Requested Documents?

It's hard to believe that another year is going to set upon the WAO case.  I can still remember the first time I had to say good-bye to the WAO animals on December 17, 2005.  My heart was broken and I knew that I was up against immeasurable forces that would do anything to keep me quite. 
Now eight years later I am still sending out the alarm that WAO charitable donations may be in danger of misappropriation by Michelle (Cryer) Anthony--and like the years before, the Texas OAG continues to ignore the warnings.  So I'm sad to report that there has been no change as to how the state government handles this case.
Every three months I ask for open record documents from the OAG just to see what whether or not they are pursuing justice for the animals and donors.  Each return requests brings forth more disappointing news. Here is another example where the Texas OAG just does not care whether or not the WAO monies are stolen by Michelle (Cryer) Anthony:
First, here is my request for the documents.  Notice the date range I am requesting documents for...
From: Kristina Brunner
To: "publicrecords@texasattorneygeneral.gov"
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:18 PM
Subject: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)


Public Information Office
P.O. Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711 2548


Re: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)

This is a request under the Public Information Act.



I request that a copy of any and all correspondence, including its attachments, provided to and from the Office of the Attorney General, from the period of June 1, 2013 - November 12, 2013, pertaining to the afore mentioned case, be provide to me by return mail or email (preferred).

I am also requesting documents pertaining to the July, August, September, and October 2013 ASUS/WAO monthly operating reports and any information pertaining to the motor vehicle accidents possibly involving two WAO trucks that were under the control of Michelle Anthony. 

If the document(s) cannot be presented at this time, I would like to be notified as to the exact date, time, and place the records will be made available to me.

If any records were filed with the judiciary, I would like instructions on how to receives these documents.

If there are any documents which the Office believes to be "confidential" products, I waive my right to request an OAG opinion, however, I would like a copy of the standard letter you've been sending me regarding this group of "protected" documents. I will be requesting all documents labeled "protected" at the conclusion of the investigation.

In order to help determine my status fee, you should know that I am seeking information for personal use and not for commercial use.

I request a waiver of all fees for this Public Information Act request. Disclosure of the requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations and activities of the Texas Office of the Attorney General/Charitable Trust and Bankruptcy Divisions.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Regards,
Kristina Brunner
Okay, now here is the one (and only) document I found that the OAG addressed the missing operational reports to the WAO attorney--notice the date of the email:

WAO Missing Operations Reports


It appears the WAO attorney failed to provide the requested documents because there were no other WAO operation reports filed with the bankruptcy court and there was no response on file to the questions asked above regarding the questionable spending of the WAO funds included in my open records request.  It is my opinion the OAG doesn't care if Anthony steals from the WAO--they just want this case (and me) to go away.
To ensure my supposition becames a matter a record, I sent the OAG this email:
From: Kristina Brunner
To: "publicrecords@texasattorneygeneral.gov"

Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)


Office of the Attorney General
Public Information Office
P.O. Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711 2548




Re: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG

This is a request under the Public Information Act.

I request a copy of any and all correspondence, including its attachments, pertaining to a response made either by WAO representative or its attorney, to an email query sent by Christopher Krhovajak dated Thursday, September 19, 2013, RE: ASUS Operating Reports.

I am also requesting copies of the ASUS/WAO July - November 2013 monthly operating reports and any documents pertaining to the motor vehicle accident possibly involving at least one WAO truck that was under the control of Michelle Anthony (2005 Pickup Truck VIN 1FTWW33P65ED00042) during the summer of 2011.

I also would like confirmation that there were no records available to the public for the periods of June 4 - July 31, October 1 - November 12, 2013.

Documents pertaining to the afore mentioned case, may be provide to me by return mail or email (preferred).

I request a waiver of all fees for this Public Information Act request. Disclosure of the requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations and activities of the Texas Office of the Attorney General/Charitable Trust and Bankruptcy Divisions.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Regards,
Kristina Brunner

I have no doubt that the response I will receive from the Texas OAG will be that there were no requested documents on file and no deadline for the receipt of these items from the WAO attorney. 
...my tax dollars at work.

Later...
From: publicrecords
To: 'Kristina Brunner'
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 8:23 AM

Subject: RE: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)
December 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Brunner:
The Office of the Attorney General has received your request for records. However, in order to process your request, we need you to clarify the following sentence: I also would like confirmation that there were no records available to the public for the periods of June 4 - July 31, October 1 - November 12, 2013. In your sentence, you do not identify the subject matter of said records. Please clarify the subject matter of the records you are requesting. I may be reached at publicrecords@texasattorneygeneral.gov.
Sincerely,
June B. Harden
Assistant Attorney General
Assistant Public Information Coordinator
General Counsel Division
From: Kristina Brunner
To: publicrecords
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)

Greetings June:
I noticed in my last public information request there were no documents provided for the periods of June 4 -July 31, October 1 - November 12, 2013 from your Office. I just want to confirm that there were no records available during these time periods - thank you.
Regards,
Kristina Brunner

Later:  So I received my open records request, but surprise surprise, there was no mention of the vehicle or missing operation reports.  But I did receive a lot of documents that should have been provided to me in a previous open records request.  Makes me wonder what other documents the OAG failed to provide to me as part of past open records requests!  Anyhoo, I sent a follow-up message requesting the missing ops reports and vehicle information.

From: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 5:22 PM
To: publicrecords
Subject: Re: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)

Office of the Attorney General Public Information Office
 P.O. Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711 2548

January 13, 2014

Dear Mr. Burkhart:

Thank you for sending the PIA documents via email. After careful review, I was unable to find a response made either by WAO representative or its attorney, to an email query sent by Christopher Krhovajak dated Thursday, September 19, 2013 (RE: ASUS Operating Reports) nor was able to find copies of the ASUS/WAO July - November 2013 monthly operating reports (MOR) and any documents pertaining to the motor vehicle accident possibly involving at least one WAO truck that was under the control of Michelle Anthony (2005 Pickup Truck VIN 1FTWW33P65ED00042) during the summer of 2011.

May I have these documents, please?

Thank you!

**************************************************************

From: publicrecords
To: 'Kristina Brunner'
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:20 AM
 Subject: RE: Public Information Act - ASUS, dba WAO, et al (Charitable Trust, Bankruptcy Division, and any other Division within the Texas OAG)

January 14, 2014

Kristina Brunner
VIA E-MAIL ONLY

RE: Public Information Request No. 14-37894

Dear Ms. Brunner:

The Office of the Attorney General has provided you all of the documents it maintains that are responsive to your request.

Sincerely,

June B. Harden
Assistant Attorney General
Assistant Public Information Coordinator
General Counsel Division

...that's what I was afraid of... state government failure strikes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment