No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, December 3, 2009

God Speed Parrots and Tortoises

I received word earlier today that the 4 parrots (Gonzo, Sergeant, and the two blue and gold macaws) are leaving the sanctuary today so they can live in an indoor facility located at the Austin Zoo.

Also, the three tortoises are leaving on Saturday to live in a heated barn especially designated for tortoises at a tortoise sanctuary. I've been worried about the tortoises living on tour right now because of the cold weather South Texas has been experiencing for the last several days.

I am sad to see these animals go, but I pray their move is for the best interest of the animals. They need a chance to grow and thrive in environments suited for their physiology.

While I did not know the tortoises, I fought like heck to make sure they were treated right by the previous directors and staff. The birds I have known for years and I will miss their whistles and 'hello's' when I walked by. God Speed little critters -- I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment