No printing or copying pictures

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sabu is a Bird Rescuer!

I found this cute story about Sabu on InSync's FB page today:

In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center 
For any of you who might have missed the posting last night, I wanted to share this, because I LOVE happy endings!!! Sabu "found" someone's lost cockatiel!! OK, so not exactly, but please read Leslie Biskamp's post from today! LESLIE: "Vicky called me from InSync yesterday to say that Sabu the lion had found a pet. A cockatiel had flown into his cage! She said Sabu was just watching him. The bird... was very tame and obviously someone's pet, so I posted about him on a few lost pet boards and the owner called me today. So, Rudy, the cockatiel that turned 12 today is back home! Those people are so, so lucky; the bird had been missing since Sunday. And apparently not very bright, flying into Sabu's cage!" So, Sabu's an animal rescuer too!


Sabu has a lot of "fans" on InSync's FB it makes me feel very happy that he is loved and followed by so many people.  What a great and humble lion Sabu is and always will be....

Later:

I found an update on the same posting today:

Leslie Mays Biskamp

I talked to Vicky today and she told me more of the story. Rudy had flown about 4 miles away from his home! He had to go through 2 chain link fences to get to Sabu and when the volunteer saw him he was right in Sabu's face. Sabu was snif...fing at him and Rudy was pecking him on the nose! And apparently Sabu did actually put his mouth on him. Man I wish we had pictures of that! But everything turned out great; really an amazing story! And I gave Sabu a big pizza box that still had some pizza residue with doe urine and catnip inside. He didn't come out of his den to see it, but I'm sure he'll love it.See More

20 hours ago · 2


  • Holly Watson What a Lucky bird! (not the smartest bird, but very lucky!). How wonderful Sabu didn't have him for a snack! Especially after being pecked on the nose!!! Give that big sweet boy some love from all of us 'big cat' admirers!
  • Sabu will always be my hero!  I added his majestic roar to my cell phone as my Ringtone.  He sounds fabulous!  My boy!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment