No printing or copying pictures

Friday, January 20, 2012

What About the WAO Feral Cats?

I am glad a concerned friend of mine wanted to check on the feral cats as they have been weighing heavy on my mind. Several years ago, she placed feral cats at the WAO, not knowing what the WAO actually did with the cats.  Knowing that the USDA probably could care less what happens to the cats, I seriously doubt they would give me a straight answer about their whereabouts.  And knowing Cryer, she would never tell me where the cats went or if they were still on the property.  So my friend contacted Mary Reininger to find out the whereabouts of the cats are and if they needed new homes.  Here is the response from the WAO worker:
From: Mary Reininger [mailto:waomary@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:25 AM
Subject: RE: On the matter of Monkeys and Ferals 
Hi Jessica,

We do still have feral cats at the property and all are doing well. I am not sure on their status as to being placed and for that info your best bet would be to contact Michelle Cryer at MichelleAnthonyCryer@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Mary
Gee, I'm not surprised in the least.  Again, Mary playing the "clueless" worker.  I wonder how many cats are left alive today?  This is outrageous.  When the monkeys finally leave, will they just up and leave them behind to fend for themselves?  I seriously doubt the WAO will continue to pay someone to feed the cats until the land is sold. 

So, my friend sent a follow-up message: 

Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:34 AM
To: 'Mary Reininger'
Subject: RE: On the matter of Monkeys and Ferals

Mary, 
Good to hear from you! I was told you were the person caring after them by Lynn as you were on site.   
Question: how many cats are there? How many are socialized? I do not want to assume, but are they fixed at this point? 
Is Michelle still involved? I thought USDA had taken over.Please help me understand. Thanks!
Should be interesting to see who responds to this query and what is said.

No comments:

Post a Comment