No printing or copying pictures

Monday, May 13, 2013

IRS Chasing "Ghosts" Instead of Actual Criminals!

Well, if this doesn't beat all!  For the last several days, the most covered news story in the media is about the IRS investigating lawful non-profit organizations because they have certain keywords in their organization's title or mission statement.  In some cases, the IRS reportedly refused to process valid 501(C)(3) applications because they have a conservative stance on government and democracy.  Essentially, it appears the government created an enemy's list against certain non-profit corporations, and are aggressively going after them, even though they are new start-ups with no criminal wrong-doings on file.
 
As I sit here and listen to this report, I am becoming more frustrated  and disillusioned with our Federal Government, in particular the IRS!  When I first started the WAO investigation in 2006, I and another whistle blower went to the IRS requesting they investigate the WAO for money laundering, falsified 990s (Organization's Tax Returns), misappropriation of funds, and so forth.  I was told that unless there was some "big money" involved, the IRS was not interested in pursuing this case.
 
So, over the years, I amassed the evidence needed to show the IRS that the WAO was corrupt and should have its 501(C)(3) status stripped from the organization.  I spent a lot of time putting together a comprehensive package, along with several additional documents (as they came available to me over the years) and mailed them to the IRS in the hopes that perhaps some governmental body would actually do its job! 
 
I also supplied the IRS with information that Carol Asvestas' current "non-profit corporation" is another scam and should be investigated right away.  To this date, the former WAO founder continues to operate a so-called "animal" shelter where she continues to solicit funds for her own personal use.  Only one organization tax return was filed (very interesting read) and she is very late in submitting her second return (990 - Required to file Form 990-N - Income less than $25,000 per year, but I think she may have brought in more than $25k based on her previously filed 990).

I guess the IRS is just too busy chasing political "ghosts" than pursuing actual criminals!  While I realize this posting may lead to a full-blown IRS audit in retaliation against me for posting these remarks, as it so often does to whistle blowers who speak out against the "system", I just want folks to know that I tried every avenue to prosecute those who I believe were not only "animal killers" but "thieves and liars" as well.
 
Running a non-profit animal corporation can be the biggest scam business out there if operated by dishonest individuals. In a future posting I shall demonstrate just how easy it is to start a scam non-profit animal sanctuary or shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment