No printing or copying pictures

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Animals Are Leaving

I just received word today that the small exotic cats are being transferred to an Oregon sanctuary called Wildcat Haven. I don’t know the date they are moving, but I was told by a very reliable source the animals are moving soon.

I am saddened that the WAO has to relocate its animals because it can no longer provide the necessary food and medical care for its 380+animals. Apparently the USDA is putting a lot of pressure on the WAO to re-home its animals as soon as possible. I’m learned the WAO may also be relocating two cougars and possibly two tigers in the near future, but nothing confirmed at this time.

Meanwhile, the WAO continually fails to fully utilize its website to fundraise for the animals. It still has posted on its homepage the July 11th event and all the other May 2010 material posted below it.

There is no corporate donation page. No individual donation web page. No fundraising pages. It is my understanding individuals wishing to take a tour during the week are having a very hard time reaching someone to schedule their tour. One lady indicated she called and faxed her request for a Thurs/Friday tour (7 people) at 11:00am several times, but no one is responding to her. Needless to say, she is frustrated because she cannot confirm the tour. That’s a lot of money the WAO is just throwing away. Where is the OAG?? Why are they not demanding results from the WAO board of directors?

So if no one is answering phones/faxes and the web pages are old and stale, then how in the world did the “new management” expect to raise money for the animals?

I’ve been monitoring the WAO’s web traffic since March 2010 using StatCounter and the current WAO web stats are absolutely dismal. Too often individuals click on just the homepage then the tour page. I guess once they see the admission prices, visitors decide it’s too expensive and simply click out of the WAO’s website. Even worse, some visitors never make it past the homepage: EX: www.sapage.com/tourists.htm; www.wildanimalorphanage.org/

My heart is broken because there may be many more animals I may never see again if they are relocated. I know that relocating the animals to really good homes is now in the best interest of the animals because the Cryers are not capable to operating a business. I keep praying for a miracle for the animals.

Lord, please bestow an amazing miracle on the WAO and its animals. In Your Name I pray and ask it – Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment