No printing or copying pictures

Friday, September 14, 2012

Is It Time to Move On Yet?

I planned to post a couple of videos of a sanctuary that took three WAO animals (1 tiger and 2 lions) showing that even though they are living in large enclosures, they have very little enrichment or structures to escape the hot desert sun or freezing winter snow.  Both enclosures were stark, with just one ball in each enclosure.  Breaks my heart that they are living like that -- that they are just big cats in a cage -- very much like the WAO.  The only saving grace is that they do look better than they did at the WAO.  And for that, I am grateful.  

Then I was going to post a few updated photos of some of the big cats enjoying their new home, but then I decided it's time to let them all go, with one exception.  For the last year I've been helping a sanctuary raise funds for former WAO animals that arrived at the sanctuary with serious health conditions. Slowly, I'm beginning to change my life, moving away from the WAO case, as it winds down.

It's time to get my life back on track and spend some quality time with my own family and friends.  I still cannot get over how much I gave up to pursue this case.  

I will continue to pray that the people who stole charitable contributions and killed animals at the WAO will be brought to justice.  

I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment