No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TOPS is Back!

In 2006, I received a message to call Joan Byron Marasek, who lives in New Jersey, regarding my case against the WAO. You may recall, Joan Marasek's 24 tigers were removed from her possession and trucked to the WAO under a flurry of news cameras and IFAW staff.

For more details regarding this case, you may want to visit this site:

http://www.susanorlean.com/articles/lady_and_tigers.html

Joan wanted to know if I would write certifications regarding animal care and "quality" of the animal enclosures, so she could submit the documentation to the New Jersey courts. If I remember correctly, she was in the process of losing her home to the State for fees incurred transfer the tigers from NJ to TX and she needed the information to prove to the court that her animals were sent to a substandard facility and she should not be penalized for the State's actions.

Joan and I had a "falling out" in September 2006 when I came into possession of the Talley Road gains and losses document allegedly prepared by the Reiningers and given to Carol Asvestas. I called Joan shortly after I received the document and asked her to provide me the names of her tigers. Joan did not want to give me the names of her former animals, rather she wanted me to fax the document to her right away.

Past experiences with Joan told me she would never give me the names of the tigers if I provided her this listing, so I told her that I would give her the listing if she provided me the names of her tigers and after I sent the listing to the USDA. I wanted to make sure the USDA knew how many TOPS tigers were left at the WAO and the conditions of their living quarters. By submitting the document to the USDA, I believed would best serve this case against the WAO directors and Asvestas' and I believed it to be a key piece of evidence and I wanted to make sure it was part of the investigative file.

When I made my request, Joan did not speak for several seconds. When she did, she said something like "I won't be blackmailed by you or anyone else." I asked her what was she talking about. Joan told me she felt I was blackmailing her for the names of her tigers and that she no longer wanted anything to do with me and then hung up the phone.

I was shocked. After all the documents I provided to her in support of her court case, I could not believe Joan could be so rude to me. I tried calling her back, but I was never able to get through. Joan then changed her email address. That day was the last day I had contact with Joan Marasek.

It wasn't until years later that I learned Joan wrote to the OAG and accused me of working with Carol Asvestas and that I should be prosecuted right along with the WAO Board of Directors! That's another posting I shall add later as I am still bitter about how Joan portrayed me to the OAG.  In any case, Joan knew I was never working with Carol because she had been reading my blog posts before I shut it down to the public in 2009; Joan was one of my regular readers!

In any case, just when I thought I would never hear that woman's name again, lo and behold, Joan filed a creditor claim with the bankruptcy court. Check it out for yourself...I think you'll be surprised at the amount she claims the WAO owes her!

Bankruptcy Court - TOPS Claim against ASUS

Just when I thought this case could not get any stranger.  This case is so unbelievable that it should be made into a TV movie! 

I'll say this for the WAO case...it has finally come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment