No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jethro Facing Hard Times

On November 28, 2010, I posted an update on the monks that went to Mindy's Memory.  In this posting, there was a detailed description of what Cinnamon looked like upon her arrival.  I was heartbroken hearted for Cinnamon did not look so good.

It has been approximately four months since that posting and I am pleased to report that, under Mindy Memory's care, Cinnamon is doing much better.  See the improvement for yourself:

Before - 2010

After - March 2011

Sadly, Jethro is not doing so well.  Linda from Mindy's mentioned in her email that Jethro took a turn for the worse.  

From: Linda Barcklay
To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 6:39:10 PM
Subject: Re: Jethro
Jethro is extremely bowlegged, and yes, his hair coat is thin and dry looking. I had hoped with his nutritional needs met and exceeded he would improve as Cinnamon has. I am always dreading a veterinarians prognosis.


I will keep you informed. if we can get him or Cinnamon to shift over to the shift caging tomorrow, we will take him in.I won't (can't) dart him with Cinnamon in with him.
I also received paragraph in another email regarding Jethro:
Jethro is losing control of his hind legs-he starts to walk and sort of lurches before getting going. He is eating though. Tomorrow we will be anesthetizing him and taking him in. He also has a cough he doesn't shake

I provided Linda with a mini history of Jethro's care at the WAO in the hopes it will be useful when Jethro goes to the vet this week.  My main concern was that Jethro may have been transported to Mindy's with TB. 
From: Linda Barcklay

To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 8:49:32 PM
Subject: Re: Jethro
I worried about that -I mentioned TB to one of the keepers today. Praying thats not the case-generally it can easily be contacted in an enclosed building and not so much in open pens. Will ask for a TB test first off. Thanks for the information.
Here is a current picture of Jethro:

Please pray for Jethro's improved health!
I am in the opinion that feeding dog food, donuts, and candy for years on end will have devastating long term effects on the monkeys' health. Some animals can bounce back without any problems once on an excellent diet plan, while sadly others simply cannot physically handle the change. I pray that the vet can do something to save Jethro before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment