No printing or copying pictures

Monday, March 14, 2011

God Bless Jethro in Heaven

Picture taken 12.17.09
It is with a heavy and very sad heart to report the death of Jethro.  God took Jethro home on Thursday, March 10, 2011.   I'll let Linda's email explain his passing:





From: Linda Barcklay
To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Fri, March 11, 2011 6:50:59 PM
Subject: Re: Jethro

A sad day for me. Jethro passed away about two hours ago. This am we darted him, something I won't soon forget--he knew what was going to happen and he started climbing to get away-then he was crying.  I almost started crying with him...

I have made arrangements for another necropsy besides the samples collected from him. His lungs were in horrible condition and full of nasty fluids that are going to the pathologist for checking. A throat culture, blood samples etc. His intestines were infiltrated with disease, his liver had lesions and so did his lungs. Jethro suffered for a long, long time.

We are all at possible risk as are all the other monkeys and poor cinnamon slept with him, ate with him and groomed him. I pray for her safety through all this. I am devastated.
Later:

From: Linda Barcklay 
To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Fri, March 11, 2011 6:50:59 PM
Subject: Re: Jethro
It will be awhile for Jethro's culture, TB certification  and blood work/ paper work comes in. We had to get a permit to send the lung fluids to NY, out of our State for the TB. It is going to total over $1000 for the chest x-ray, ultrasound, blood work. all the rest involved including the necropsy and the cremation of the body. This has been a huge expense taking the WAO monkeys....on a brighter note, today Cinnamon was grooming Sunshine through the wire. YEAH! I didn't have my camera but tomorrow I will definitely have it. I plan on removing the pigtail macaque Sunny has had as company for three years and transfer him in with two females and a sweet male pigtail. Then Cinnamon and Sunny can be together.  I know Cinnamon was searching for Jethro even up to today. She looks down, then behind and climbs up high and looks over to the other pens. Poor girl. He was mean to her though so she will have a better time of it with Sunshine. I will send picture! I believe at some time in her life, Cinnamon was a pet.
Linda
Update:

The following information was received today, March 15, 2011:

It will be awhile for Jethro's [necropsy] but the vet told me today it was definitely pneumonia-his lungs were scarred from past pneumonia's, his kidneys were scarred , he had colon trauma, rectal something or another-she used big technical words I didn't understand, He was also intact male-I was told he had a castration a year ago. Lucky he did not impregnate his Mother!!! Now [we] wait to see it if is TB which is a type of pneumonia. Jethro had been sick with different ailments for a very long time.  His intestines had blobs of air which were so unusual it left the vet mystified to what it actually was. The tests are going to be expensive but it has to be put to rest what has happened to the poor guy for years and years. Bad abuse for sure. He must have suffered a lot in his short life. I feel so bad for him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment