No printing or copying pictures

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Huge Positive Step

I can barely contain myself as I type up the latest developments regarding the pseudo-sanctuary (PS) case!

I received word the Board of Directors called an emergency meeting to discuss several allegations reported to the board by the workers. The meeting was supposed to be on Sunday, but it was moved to today, at 1:30pm.

We were all on pins and needles, waiting for the board results. Finally after waiting on the edge of my seat for about two hours, word leaked out that the female director resigned!

As to the male director, I learned he was suspended for 90-day without pay pending a review into alleged recent events which were brought forth by the workers and the on-line newspaper.

Good news! The older PS director’s daughter was put in charge of running the organization until such time a new manager was hired by the Board. And the animal caretaker that boldly spoke out in behalf of the animals, which was subsequently fired in retaliation, was rehired!

So finally after almost four years, the Board took a very positive step in stopping the alleged misappropriation of funds and violations of the Animal Welfare Act! I wish this action took place three years ago, but I guess the timing was not right. I have to remember, the timing was always in God’s Hands.

I heard the female director left immediately and the male director was very angry. Something tells me the mother, father, son, and youngest daughter will not go “gently into the good night.” I have a feeling the oldest daughter will be labeled as a traitor by her family and will be harassed for some time to come. These four people stand to lose everything and I have a feeling they will not give up without a fight.

The suspended male director made threats that he’s going to sue the PS and the Board and I have no doubt he will attempt to do so. Question is -- will the PS so-called attorney represent him? If so, talk about a conflict of interest! I just pray they Board fires the attorney very soon, since it has become clear to me after talking to the workers and learning he represented the female director in the rental house fiasco, that his interest lies in who will continue to pay him. I’m sure he knows by now his days are numbered at the PS.

So much more to blog, but it will have to wait until later!

[Present Day:  Below is the emergency board meeting minutes. 

ASUS BOD 092809

Did you noticed that WAO's new attorney, Mr. Turton, reported to the Board of Directors that the Texas OAG was still working towards ending this case, despite all the additional abuse of assets/power information sent to James Anthony!  What exactly would it have taken for Mr. Anthony to do his job and prosecute the criminals who stole from the animals and the general public?]

No comments:

Post a Comment