No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It It Should Not Be this Hard to Donate

Sadly, the board of directors refused to discuss the donations both I and another person wanted to make to the WAO. The Cryers and Straw ducked my pleas for return telephone calls. I wanted to discuss the fruit and veggie donations, plus the possibility of sending out an e-newsletter regarding the WAO's closure.  But for whatever reason, these two ladies, Straw and Cryer, refused to speak with me directly. Oh, and apparently they are also refusing to return phone calls from concerned donors (I've been told several individuals left messages on the WAO's answering machine).

Instead, Straw indicated in an email, seen below, that returning calls was on her "list of things to do." Straw has enough time to take around a camera crew, but she doesn't have time to call people that want to help?

This is no way to end a business.

----- Original Message -----
From: s straw
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 1:14 PM
Subject: Re:

Thank you for your email. We have a skeleton staff, so answering messages is still on our to-do list. Email is the best communication method.

Yes, we most definitely need food donations! Our 9626 Leslie Road (San Antonio, TX 78254) location typically has Animal Caretakers available Monday-Friday, 9:00-12:00, to accept deliveries.

Please let us know if an AM delivery is convenient for your donation; if not, we'll make alternate arrangements to be on hand.

Thank you again so very much for your thoughtful assistance!

Sincerely,

Suzanne Straw

Sent from my iPad


Full View
Fwd: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:
From: Michelle
Add to Contacts
To: Kristina Brunner

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

Begin forwarded message:
From: Michelle
Date: September 18, 2010 8:08:31 PM CDT
To: Michelle
Cc: Kristina Brunner ""
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

I'm not sure if you are comfortable with giving out your address - the animals would like to send you a thank you - and also I have a couple of things that I think you would want - actually I thought of you when I ordered them

Please let me know
Thank you

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Michelle wrote:

The slander has gone both ways - and I'm not doing it any more [emphasis added] my focus is on the animals - your other comments are your opion

I am not hateful and your thoughts on me are yours to have

Again tks for the dontation

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:45 AM, "Kristina Brunner" < wrote:

Michelle:

I wish I could believe you, but unfortunately I have read the libel comments you wrote the OAG about me and the slanderous comments you instructed the tour guides to provide to individuals inquiring about my service at the WAO. Yes, we are all supposed to be working for the animals, which is why I do not understand why there will be no one at the WAO today receiving phone calls from concerned citizens wanting to help and accepting cash and in-kind donations. I also cannot understand why there will not be a person there to help me unload the truck and provide me a donation receipt -- all very reasonable requests considering the dollar amount of the items provided. Is this how you plan to work with other contributors? Or was this treatment singled out just for me?

If you truly want to help the animals, then step down and allow my team of professionals to go in and help save the WAO animals before it is too late. We have the resources, the connections, and the volunteers willing to help the WAO animals. And despite your assertions that I want to "take over other people's sanctuaries" I can assure you that as a 22-year HR professional, I have never owned a sanctuary, nor do I have any designs of owning one myself. I will advise the board on HR, marketing, and public relations matters, so as to not cause the WAO any greater harm than has already been inflicted on the organization.

Clearly a change in leadership is required. I hope for the animals' sake you make the right decision before it's too late.

Kristina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle"
To: "Kristina Brunner"
Cc: ; "Mary Reininger" ; "Michelle Reininger"
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re:


Hello there will be a donation form taped on the gate for the donation today
Kristina we are all in this for the same reason we all love these animals it would be much easier if we all try and work together - we greatly appreciate your donation and email anytime - I am not an enemy

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:16 AM, "Kristina Brunner" wrote:

I will only drop off the donation if there is donation receipt in hand at either the time the donation is made or emailed to me before I leave for the distribution center..

I plan to leave in 45 minutes to pick up the produce. Please work with me on this as I am making a large contribution towards the primates' care. Thank you.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission and any attachments constitute confidential information, which is intended only for the named recipient (s) and may be legally privileged. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender below immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient (s) is strictly prohibited.

---- Original Message ----- From: "Michelle"
To: "Kristina Brunner"
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re:

The girls do not want to be there we talked yesterday- and I am the only board member available this weekend

We appreciate the donation and the thought

Please work with Wao availabilty - the caretakers at Leslie know about the donation and will bring it inside as soon as it is delivered- and a donation reciept will be mailed - I will try and have one ready for you by 11:45 if poss

Again the donation is very generous and appreciated

Thank you
Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

On Sep 18, 2010, at 8:31 AM, "Kristina Brunner" < wrote:

I will require a signed document acknowledging the donation so I can write my contribution off with the IRS at the time I'm making the drop. I am bringing in about $300 retail worth of produce. Please have either Mary or Michelle Reininger or one of the other two board officers meet me.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission and any attachments constitute confidential information, which is intended only for the named recipient (s) and may be legally privileged. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender below immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient (s) is strictly prohibited.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle"
To: "Kristina Brunner"
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: Re:

Let me know when u drop it off and I will let someone know to bring it in

Thank you

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President

On Sep 18, 2010, at 8:07 AM, "Kristina Brunner" wrote:

I will be at the WAO at around 11:45am. Please have someone else there to meet me. k


CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission and any attachments constitute confidential information, which is intended only for the named recipient (s) and may be legally privileged. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender below immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient (s) is strictly prohibited.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle"
To:
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:21 AM

I will be the one meeting you for all future donations

I am available at 12;15- there Is a donation area by the gate if you can not wait for me then leave them at the gate

Thank you
Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphange
Board of Directors
President
________________________________________________________
After all that I went through, the WAO received the fruits and vegetables! It should not be this hard to get donate produce to the animals. This entire event reinforced my belief that the Cryers and Straw are not capable of running the WAO--even as its shutting down.

Later:  Learned Jamie Cryer was not the one who went to retrieve the meat; he sent someone else instead.  Big surprise there... Could it be because DOT did not receive the payment for the fines Jamie Cryer incurred as a "contract" employee, while driving the 'Humane Train' for the WAO (2005-2009), and so now the DOT was forced to "ground" the WAO transport vehicles until further notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment