No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stages of Grief

For the last couple of weeks, since the WAO official declared it was closed, I have been going through the various stages of grief, anger, bargaining, and acceptance of the situation. Just when I think I’ve accepted that the WAO is closed and the animals are moving on to new adventures, I end up going through the various stages once again.

I just cannot believe that the animals were the ones forced to leave San Antonio, when it should have been the board of directors. Why weren’t the former directors prosecuted for the crimes they committed? If this was a for-profit corporation or a not-for-profit corporation dealing with the elderly or children, heads would have rolled. Instead, it appears the State and Federal government agencies are scrambling to sweep this disaster under the rug.

I don’t know if I will ever get over this loss. I just pray God will continue to protect the WAO animals, no matter where they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment