No printing or copying pictures

Friday, September 17, 2010

WAO Says Animals May Be Euthanized

To: DelaineMathieu@woaitv.com ; ShellyMiles@woaitv.com
Cc: MaritzaNunez@woaitv.com ; Elizabeth.C.Pannill@aphis.usda.gov ; Robert.M.Gibbens ; Enrique
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 8:50 PM
Subject: WAO News Report


Dear Ms. Mathieu and Ms. Miles:


As you may have heard, I've been working hard to save the WAO animals, along with a lot of caring volunteers, for the last 4.5 years. While there were several inaccurate statements made by Ms. Straw in both the Investigative and the Living stories, I was most disturbed to learn that the WAO animals would be euthanized if homes could not be found within the next six weeks for the animals left behind. This statement is vastly different from the statements the WAO first made in the San Antonio Current article and I was assured by the USDA/APHIS representative that the WAO animals would NOT be euthanized unless medically necessary.


Yesterday, I received an email requesting my assistance in acquiring food for the WAO animals from an outside agency.


In just one day, my contacts were able to secure 5,500 lbs of really good quality chicken meat from Tysons (USDA approved meat for human consumption), 9 boxes of fruits and vegetables, and a commitment from another animal sanctuary to provide monkey chow to feed the primates. What I and my contacts are frustrated about is the lack of interest Ms. Shaw has shown regarding the donations as she refuses to speak with me and my meat contact regarding how we are supposed to get these supplies to the WAO since apparently no one is working at the Leslie Office. I have sent her 3 email with my contact information. Instead of personally calling me and discussing the situation, she leaves a voice message on my home answering machine when she knows I am at work thanking me for the kind donation and told me that my drop off time was not acceptable and that I needed to change the time for her convenience. My out-of-state meat contact received a similar e-mail! We both want to personally discuss the WAO’s meat and produce situation via telephone, so we can effectively bring in the supplies the WAO so desperately needs. At this point, we are both at a loss as to how we should proceed!


As you can gather, emotions are running strong regarding this case. When the WAO first announced it was closing in the SA Current earlier this month, I received calls and emails from previous animal owners and caretakers who were absolutely devastated over what transpired at the WAO and want to know how I am helping their animals. I cannot help the WAO animals if the current board of directors refuses the assistance I and others are offering at this time.


Thank you!


Warm Regards,


Kristina Brunner
Former WAO Vice President and Chairperson
Former WAO Treasurer
Former WAO Volunteer


http://www.sacurrent.com/blog/queblog.asp?perm=70524


http://www.woai.com/content/troubleshooters/story/Wild-Animal-Orphanage-faces-deadline-to-find/tTRdcOmHpECkhkayEpd5BQ.cspx


http://www.woai.com/entertainment/story/Exotic-animal-sanctuary-closing-for-good/EvIJ9_50y0eqQ6y8tWlOrw.cspx


http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=871658@woai.web.entriq.net&navCatId=13

No comments:

Post a Comment