No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Will Always Love You, Rex

I am broken hearted over the loss of my beloved dog, Rex, whom I have lived with for about fourteen years. 
 
My handsome Rex

Rex came into my life by way of the Wild Animal Orphanage.  Rex was kept on display at the Leslie Road property in one of the old animal cages because Carol Asvestas made a commitment to a donor that she would keep the dog if the Orphanage was written into her Will.  If I remember correctly, the donor was elderly and she wanted the 2-year old dog to have a good home.  Part of the deal was that as long as Carol sent the elderly donor a picture of Rex each year, as proof of life, the WAO would remain in the Will.

Since my dog Happy, a Chow-Chow, did not have a friend, I thought it would be great to adopt Rex so they would have each other.  I just couldn't stand to see Rex on display in a small cage any more.  So I brought Rex home and he and Happy hit it right off.

When Happy passed away from cancer, Endy entered our lives and he and Rex became fast friends!  I nicked-named them Frick and Frack, for where one dog went, the other was sure to follow!

For two years I gave Carol Asvestas a picture of Rex so she could give it to the donor.  On the third year, I asked Carol if it was time to take another picture.  I was told that there was no need anymore for the old lady died and they got the estate bequest.  Nice.

I will always remember Rex.  Rex loved to follow me around the house.  He loved treats.  He loved horses and cows.  He loved taking walks.  He loved his brother, Endy.  And I know he loved me as well.

Rex guarding his Christmas present!

God Bless Rex in Heaven Forever.  Rex now has the perfect body and is no longer in any pain.  I'm sure he, Happy, and Ardy are having a great time together! 

left to right:  Endy, Ardy, and Rex

I love you Rex!

No comments:

Post a Comment