No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Can One Truly Heal?

That is an excellent question.  I thought I was finally in a good place, where I could slowly forgive those that were directly involved in the WAO's downfall and responsible for the deaths of so many innocent animals.

As the scab started to heal over the open wound, along comes some news that just ripped the scab right off the skin, opening me up to anger and hatred for the Reiningers, Cryers, USDA/APHIS vets, IFAW, and Mr. James Anthony--all who were, in my opinion, responsible for either committing gross acts of negligence/death against the WAO animals, or enabled the WAO board of directors and employees to commit such grievance acts against the animals and donors. 

Apollo and Dobbins
Picture Taken By A Friend - 080110
The hot angry pit in my stomach flared up again because I recently learned that Dobbins, an older tiger that was born at the WAO and whom I have known for over a decade, is bony thin and still living at the WAO with Apollo.  I had hoped both cats were already at the Austin Zoo.  Sad to report, both cats are still in the hands of "killers" and there is nothing I can do.

Several weeks ago, the Reiningers, after seeing how well Sabu was doing in his new home at In-Sync Exotics apparently contacted the President and CEO of Insync to see if Dobbins and Apollo could relocated to her facility.  It is my understanding the board of directors declined to accept the tigers because they no longer had room at the "inn."  While I was disappointed that Insync could not take in the cats, because let's face it, Insync performed a miracle with Sabu and already Okemo (who arrived thin and his coat looked horrible) is looking better, so why wouldn't I want to see Dobbins and Apollo placed there?

So, when I learned the Austin Zoo said they would take the tigers, I was thrilled because I could still go to Austin and check up on the boys.

Now I am hearing that Dobbins is near death and the Austin Zoo will not take him until he is immunized.  Oh geez...will Dobbins live long enough to get out of the WAO "hell-hole?"

How dare the USDA/APHIS allow Dobbins and the other tigers to degrade to such a point where the animals are extremely thin and lethargic?  How dare the Michelle Cryer say that Gizmo is thin because he was "neutered recently!"  Clue to Cryer:  Male cats typically gain weight, not lose muscle weight, when they get neutered.  And to think this "person" works in a vet clinic!

So, after weeks of writing such positive stories about the WAO animals, I am now back to a place of rage--rage because there is nothing I can do to save the WAO animals from the Reiningers and Cryers.

At the conclusion of the WAO case, I pray the US Attorney's Office conducts an investigation into the USDA/APHIS for their "gross negligence" and the Texas OAG Charitable Trust Division for their "backroom dealings" with the WAO Board of Directors.  It's no wonder US citizens no longer have trust in their government officials!  The WAO case is an excellent example of the government failing in their fiduciary responsibility to not only protect animals, but to protect the general public from business charlatans like the Asvestas and Cryers!

Shame on the 2006-2011 WAO board of directors, Cryers, Reiningers, USDA, and OAG.  Since there will be no justice for the animals, I can only pray Our Heavenly Father will met out the punishment they all so richly deserve!  Truly, what comes around, goes around--right?

Can one truly heal?  I honestly don't know any more.  May God bless and protect Dobbins as he slowly wastes away at the WAO and may both Dobbins and Apollo be allowed to leave the WAO before it's too late.  And finally, may God heal my broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment