No printing or copying pictures

Monday, September 12, 2011

Some Tigers Are On The Move

Well, I received word today that several of the WAO tigers are relocating today to new homes.  Not all of them are leaving together, as I had hoped.  Apparently, two trucks traveling to different locations left earlier today and the cats should be situated in their new homes by tomorrow night.   I pray they all have a long and wonderful life at their new homes!

In less than two weeks, the remaining tigers will move out.  I believe that the three tigers moving to Florida will be among those moving to new homes in a couple of weeks.  It still concerns me that the three tigers that Big Cat Rescue wants are the three animals least likely to thrive in a "tour" environment.  I am very concerned the cats will eventually be destroyed because they will be deemed "too aggressive" to live at BCR.  WAO killed several of the NJ tigers when they first arrived because they were considered too aggressive, and these tigers lived at Talley Road, away from people!  I have no doubt BCR will get this so-called "rescue" on national TV, pushing its political agenda that these NJ cats came from a horrible situation, prior to their arrival at the WAO.  In fact, I'm willing there will be little or no mention at all about how the WAO board of directors destroyed the WAO with little or no regard for the animals and the poor condition the animals were allowed to languish in for months now.  I imagine the vet bills will be expensive to get these animals back to better health.

I cannot help but think that the relocation of the three NJ tigers, Andre, Apatha, and Kye is a disaster waiting to happen.  All I can is pray that they too will have a long and happy life at their new home and that they can finally find some peace.

God speed, tigers!

I'm thinking by the end of this month all the animals will be gone--including the long-tailed macaques!  If rumor is true, the monks should be relocating to Born Free located in Dilley, Texas, by the end of the month or the first week of October 2011.  Apparently this news is supposed to be "top secret," so sssshhhhh...don't tell anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment