No printing or copying pictures

Friday, December 9, 2011

Remembering 2011

El-Shaddai, El-Shaddai, El-Elyon na Adonai!
El-Shaddai, El-Shaddai,  Erkamka na Adonai!
(Hebrew)

God Almighty, God Almighty, God in the highest, Oh, Lord!
God Almighty, God Almighty, We will love You, Oh, Lord!


This is the time of year that I review some of my past blog postings as a reminder of what happened over the previous year.  I cannot help but get a little emotional as I review some of the great posts, like the chimps moving to great facilities in Florida and Louisiana, and then there's the frustration I felt when the government did so little to save the lives of the WAO animals that died needlessly due to their incompetence or perhaps from their lack of humanity.  And of course, the loss of animals, like Lance, who deserved to live and die at a facility that had only his best interests at heart--and that was NOT at the WAO.

Today I received my Okemo mug and ornament from In-Sync Exotics' Gift Shop.  They are absolutely adorable!  A few weeks back I also purchased the Okemo postcards and Sabu ornament.  They too are priceless!  All I'm missing is now is something with Jinxie on it!  It's great to see the former WAO lions and tiger looking so happy in their new home.  I really miss them.  I guess looking at their adorable faces on the ornaments is the next best thing to being there with them.

The song above reminds me of what is truly important. My God.  So, it's okay for me to feel happy and sad during this time of year.  Just as long as I remember who carried me through it all.  Thank you, Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment