No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lulu Moves into Her New Home

Lulu currently lives as Safe Haven Rescue Zoo, located in Nevada.  I'll bet it is just as hot, if not hotter than San Antonio's current temperature of 100 degrees!  Lulu will definitely need a lot of shade and a pool!
From: Lynda Sugasa

To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Sun, May 29, 2011 1:43:29 PM
Subject: Re: Safe Haven Rescue Zoo Video Request


Hi Kristina,

We are about a week away from getting Lulu's enclosure finished. We have had some tough weather which is why it is taking so long to get her enclosure finished up. I will be sure to get you all of the pictures and videos that we take.

Here is a picture of IFAW I thought you might enjoy
(Safe Haven attached a photo that was previously sent to me by an Intern many, many weeks ago)

Look, I'm under no illusion that Lynda just "happened" to think of me as Lulu gets closer to moving into her new digs.  I had told Lynda I would send Lulu a ball for her pool, once it was built in her new enclosure.  I believe the above email was Lynda's way of saying politely "hey, where's the free toy."

Never mind Lynda has never provided me a copy of the video showing Lulu, IFAW and Kovu enjoying the boomer balls I sent them last November as previously promised.  So what do you think is the odds that I will receive this one without making another "toy" contribution?  Or even after a toy is supplied?  I'm thinking slim to none. 

Later:

Okay, it's been two weeks and no promised pictures or videos.  Hmmm....big surprise.  So I sent a following-up email: 
From: Kristina Brunner

To: Lynda Sugasa safehavenrescuezoo@gmail.com
Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 4:51:19 PM
Subject: Re: Safe Haven Rescue Zoo Video Request

Greetings Lynda:


How did Lulu's relocation to her new home go? By chance is there a video (or two, or three) of the girl's move? Does she have a pool yet? It's been awhile since I've asked, so how are IFAW and Kovu doing? Are the cats still enjoying their Thanksgiving presents?

I'd love to read more about how the cats are doing in Nevada. Is the weather hot there right now? It's been in the 100s here with humidity added in for total discomfort!


I still miss Lulu, IFAW and Kovo and I look forward to seeing more pictures, videos, and anything stories you'd like to share about the three.

Many thanks in advance-

Kind Regards,


Kris
While I wait for a response from Lynda, I thought I'd check Safe Haven's Facebook page for some type of update on Lulu.  I struck gold and it appears Lulu has been living in her new quarters for about a week now.



Safe Haven Rescue Zoo

Lulu has been moved into her new enclosure and she is enjoying her new shade platform. A special thanks to Barrick Turquoise Ridge for their donation that made all of this possible!
June 10 at 6:25pm

Here are a few more pictures of former WAO cats taken in by Safe Haven Rescue Zoo:

Kovu with his first toy featured on the calendar

Kovu is enjoying Memorial Day by playing with his boomer ball!
What are you doing today?
May 30, 2011 

By Safe Haven Rescue Zoo
Lulu is waiting for some warm weather so we can finish up her new enclosure.
June 2, 2011

Lulu lets out a big yawn after a long day.
April 19, 2011
Much later:

Well, it's July 1st and still no response to my June 14 query.  No sense sending another email as I'm sure I'll be ignored once again.  When I sent Safe Haven the boomer balls last year, I thought Safe Haven was different from the WAO, that it wasn't run by a person who was only out for the "freebies" sent to her organization by gullible people.  I trusted she would keep her word to me.  So much for that.

I'm amazed by the wall of silence or lies that sanctuaries put up around their publicly-funded sanctuaries.  If it wasn't for the contributions made by donors, these people would have (1) no one to support their private pets come rescued animals;  and (2) no job, hence no income.  Why sanctuary directors take for granted the donor "gifts" provided to the sanctuary is beyond me.  It's a shame there isn't more outreach to the people who want to help the sanctuary, considering they are the ones footing the bills!

Where's the transparency?  Where's the honesty?  Should donors expect less from their publicly funded sanctuaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment