No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

God Bless Lance in Heaven

Today, the "start" of my lunch hour was just like any normal day.  I felt pretty good today as I got a lot done in the morning at work and I was looking forward towards a well deserved break.

While I was driving back to work from lunch, my stereo knob slowly turned itself down to where I could barely hear the music.  I took this as a sign that God had something to say to me.

People must think it strange that I talk and listen to God.  Trust me, when God has something to say to me, He demands I listen.  Today, I cleared my thoughts and listened. 

Lance was dead.  Those are the exact words I heard.  I was told that Lance knew that I tried to get him out of the WAO before the end.  He knew I loved him and that he was finally free of his pain and in the loving arms of Jesus.

After I heard this message, I didn't want to believe the truth.  Strangely enough, I became aware that the music volume slowly went up a little, enough for me to hear the music again.  Trying to cheer myself up, even though I knew in my heart Lance was gone, I decided I would wait for confirmation that Lance was really gone, some sort of "concrete evidence," and in the meantime prayed for Lance's good health.  I guess what I wanted to believe was that Lance okay and that I imagined the entire message from God .

Sadly, about an hour later I received proof via email from a friend, who will remain anonymous, that Lance was euthanized today during my lunch hour.

Subject: Lance (tiger)
From: michelleanthonycryer@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:41:36 -0500
To: ranand@live.in; wrdavis@langleybanack.com

Hello..

We put Lance down today at lunch..
We all loved our old man.... But he was at Hm with his family. We did the right thing for him.

Michelle Anthony-Cryer
Wild Animal Orphanage
Board of Directors
President

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." ~ Martin Buber
What a cold heartless message.  It seems she was more interested in holding onto Lance to make sure he died "at hm."  The "right thing" would have been to allow Lance leave that hell-hole months ago, instead of letting him suffer without the proper diet and medication.  He was not with family!  He was with people that were directly responsible for the deaths of many, many animals at the WAO.  Lance was not an "old man."  He was a beautiful tiger that deserved better than he received while living at the WAO.

I was able to take this picture of Lance on my last day at the WAO on 5.1.10.

Lance was Layla's cage mate and best friend.  He liked to dunk his head in the automatic water bowel before I finished cleaning it out. He loved being splashed with water.  He loved running water from the hose!  When I arrived to cool him off with the hose each Sunday, he would come right over and lay down right in front of the water bowl so I could spray him and the bowl at the same time.  He would always chuff at me and the volunteers as we mowed and edged around his enclosure.  Lance was quite the talker! 

Lance and Layla
Picture taken by a friend on 06.21.09
Lance was a great tiger and he was loved.

God Bless Lance in Heaven.  May the Lord Bless and Keep Lance Always.  I love Lance very much and I will miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment