No printing or copying pictures

Friday, May 13, 2011

Fabulous News! Sabu is Moving to a New Home!

I am thrilled beyond belief that Sabu, the lion I've been fighting for since December 2005, is moving to In-Sync on Tuesday, May 17, 2011. You may recall from previous postings, that Sabu was slated for death by Dr. Henry/Lambert's vet clinic back in December 2005. Once I explained there was nothing wrong with Sabu, the vets changed their minds and removed the death appointment from their calendar. Sabu was about 15-16 years of age when he first arrived at the WAO in 2005, and so that makes him a senior cat at 20-21 years of age today. Sabu started off at the Leslie Road property and was eventually moved to the Talley Road property where he lived for the last several years. For a couple of years I believed Sabu was dead after he was removed from the Leslie Road property. Thankfully, he is still alive, and I was able to visit him in January 2010. Sabu will undoubtedly receive outstanding care for the few remaining months/years of his life at his new home in Dallas.

Sabu requires special love as he does have some minor health issues relating to his hind legs. I know he will receive all the tender loving care he so deserves at In-sync. I can't wait to see pictures of Sabu in his new home!

Yea!!! Very happy today!!! I sure hope I can see him one last time and soon!

The official announcement on Insync's Facebook page:

In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center

We are bringing a new lion, Sabu, to In-Sync on Tuesday. He is 20 years old, so he may not have a great deal of time with us, but he will be very loved and well cared-for. The timing is tough for us, as we deal with the loss of our beloved Dinari, but we had already agreed to take Sabu, and we don't feel it's fair to make him wait to come to a safe place. We'll keep you posted once we get him home safely! May 15, 2011

Sabu
By In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center

Here are a couple of pictures of Sabu, who will be coming to live with us tomorrow! He really is a boy, I promise, but he was neutered, and this is what happens to neutered male lions!


As I look back in 2006, there were four high risk animals that needed special protection from the WAO directors and staff: Jake (white crowned mangabey), Princess (Bengal tiger), Bubba (white tiger), and Sabu. The only animal still alive today is Sabu. I could not save them all, and for that I am heartbroken--I was able to save Sabu from death. Had I not intervened, Sabu would have been killed in December 2005. It just breaks my heart it took five years for Sabu to finally receive the love and attention he so desperately needs right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment