No printing or copying pictures

Monday, November 15, 2010

Box of Rocks

When I discovered the WAO bankruptcy case on the Internet over the weekend, I paused to reflect upon this case, just one year ago—a time when I had such great hope for the WAO and its animals.

At the time, I was very hesitant to see the animals, (which I regret now) for fear I would run into the Asvestas’ plus I was still upset and disappointed with the senior animal caretakers for failing to assist me when the animals needed them most three years ago.

In any case, when I learned the Asvestas’ filed a lawsuit against the WAO, the board, and Nicole (new WAO director), I knew that if the WAO directors did not start putting together a case against the Asvestas’, the WAO would probably fail to recoup the tens of thousands of dollars stolen from the animals.

For whatever reason, the board did not seem interested in helping Nicole go through all the financial paperwork to find out just how much money was actually stolen. I got the impression certain board members felt it best if she did not look into the Asvestas’ wrong doings.  In fact, one of the board directors, conveniently voted to have her husband (hint hint) to serve as the WAO's new CFO (despite the fact this person was not even remotely qualified to fill this position)--a position that would have given him direct access to all the financial documents.

Try as she could, it was almost impossible for Nicole to go through all the paperwork by herself, type up her findings, and run the sanctuary at the same time. I truly admire how much Nicole put up with in just her short seven months:

• A disinterested and dishonest board of directors;

• Parents determined to see her fail;

• Siblings determined to see her fail;

• Employees determined to see her fail;

In any case, the WAO former attorneys warned the board of directors a couple of months ago if they did not act soon, they would not be able to file a counter lawsuit against the Asvestas’ due the statues of limitations expiration.

So that got me thinking…why would the current President of the Board of Directors refuse to counter sue the Asvestas?

Besides the Asvestas’, who else has a lot to lose if this case was to go public? Is there evidence that certain board member(s) were aware of fraud perpetrated against the sanctuary, and chose to turned a blind eye because their current arrangement at the time benefited the board member(s)?

Meanwhile, I am constantly hearing from past WAO associates that the “Asvestas’” pulled the wool over my eyes” or “Carol lied to me—I had no idea what she was doing all along,” ; so it got me thinking that Carol truly selected a box of rock to sit on the WAO’s board of directors.. Seriously people, if the two creditable former board members told the WAO board just a few months a part, that there were serious problems with the way the WAO operated AND there were three serious on-going investigations against the WAO (TCEQ, OAG, and USDA), surely some small flicker of light must have turned on in their brains, warning them they were in serious trouble?

So unless they had serious mental impairments or low IQs, then one must conclude the board directors were willing participants in the illegal events that took place at the WAO and not some innocent by-standers as some would like you to believe.

Oh, and don’t get me started about the USDA and the OAG’s contribution to this mess—after all, they were all about making backroom deals with the WAO and its directors.

My posting dated June 24, 2009 described the “deal” the USDA/APHIS made with the WAO. Wait until you read about the deal the OAG made with the WAO back in 2007! It will make you question our entire governmental system. Stay tuned for this important blog update!

No comments:

Post a Comment