No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How Much Time Does the Unwanted WAO Have Left?

For the last several weeks, I've been working hard to add video, audio, and pictures to all three blogs.  Working in the November 2006 blog brought back a lot of memories -- memories of hope and determination to save the WAO animals.

Four years later, the hope and determination is gone.  Many of the WAO animals have moved on -- some have already died at their new homes -- and others have simply disappeared from public view.

As far as I know, a couple dozen big cats, the chimps, baboons, and lots of macaques still live at the WAO.  How long will the OAG allow the sanctuary to exist?  One more day, one more month?  What if the remaining animals cannot find homes?   Will the sanctuary's veterinarians be forced to kill these "unwanted" animals. 

Yes, I mean kill -- not euthanize.  According to Dictionary.com, euthanize means kill painlessly to relieve suffering from an incurable illness (also known as 'Mercy Killing').  It does not mean to kill painlessly a healthy or older animal!

If IFAW does not assume receivership of the animals, then I believe the remaining animals may not live to see the next year.  I pray IFAW does not walk away, once again, from the WAO animals--especially since they need help now more than ever.

I will continue to report on the WAO animals.  I have to accept that I can do nothing to save or protect them from harm.  This breaks my heart, and yet, I will continue on to the end...
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such
a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith,
let us strip off every weight that slows us down,
especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And
let us run with endurance the race God has set
before us."  Hebrews 12:1 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment