No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Told You So!

I cannot remember if I ever wrote about why the WAO’s first attorney (2006-2007) withdrew as counsel back in February 2007, so if figure I might as well close this loop just in case I did not share this news with you!

Turns out the reason why he quit representing the WAO was because the attorney believed he and the WAO suffered a serious breakdown in the attorney-client relationship. Apparently, the attorney told the board that he was obligated to take this action because he believed the WAO willfully failed to take corrective actions as directed by the OAG and his office. I guess he believed that the WAO would continue to violate federal and state laws despite specific directions! [Really?]

And I learned he was also disturbed with the board of directors for their lack of interest in the legal case, going so far as refusing to communicate with their own attorney regarding legal issues. What a shock! Didn’t he know that the board was in name only???

So… [here is where it gets really funny]… the attorney requested he be released as legal counsel for the WAO for essentially ethical and moral reasons!

What a hoot!!

And here I thought the attorney and Mr. Anthony (OAG) had such a good working relationship together – even going so far as try and wrap up this mess in just six months!!

If only Mr. Anthony listened to my requests to save the WAO’s animals years ago, and spent a lot less time trying to analyze why I brought forth all these allegations against the WAO directors instead, perhaps the animals would still be living in San Antonio, under a different board and different management.

Boy I love saying “I told you so" to the OAG!

No comments:

Post a Comment