No printing or copying pictures

Monday, November 29, 2010

Taz and Little Joe Arrive at Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary!

What a lot of people do not know is that Pat Craig  transported several WAO animals to various sanctuaries throughout the United States.  I've learned each time he arrives at the WAO, to pick up the animals, he brings with him free meat for the remaining Orphanage animals.  Thank you for your generous service, Pat.

Later: 
Taz and Little Joe arrive at Cedarhill…..


On Thursday morning, November 11th at 8:30 am, Pat Craig backed a 62” rig into the drive at Cedarhill. His hauler was so long, that it couldn’t be turned around inside the sanctuary compound, so he had to back in. (Not an easy feat off of a high traffic road. The hauler was totally enclosed…I was extremely impressed with this hauler.



Taz and Little Joe were in the first rolling cage inside the back door right in front of five caged lions, (all from WAO) Now these cats are 15 and 16 years old and I could see how difficult the trip had been for them.. They had previously lived in a 60’ x 60’ cage on limestone substrate.




Their first experience with the grass, that we had laid especially for them, brought tears. Little Joe really has trouble walking due to a botched declaw job, so walking on this soft grass was a great experience for him. I guess I can say that these are two of the nicest cougars I’ve ever known. I had one cougar in particular that literally had his mind snap due to his inhumane treatment. He had been locked in a closet and just never learned to trust us. Taz and Little Joe almost immediately came up to us and purred and chirped to us…..I don’t know if they were immediately grateful for their rescue or if they were just naturally happy boys.
I am glad the cougars were moved out of the hard ground (with dead trees) enclosure and on to soft grass.  I just pray the cougars do not have worms or any other problems reported by other sanctuaries that took in the WAO big cats. 

BTW - Taz and Little Joe are very friendly cougars as they were raised by humans, but I have no doubt they are enjoying their new surroundings...

No comments:

Post a Comment