No printing or copying pictures

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving's Operation Homecooking

This Thanksgiving Day was one of the best days I can remember since starting the "animal case."  I was blessed to have two of my friends join me for dinner at my home along with two Airmen from Lackland AFB.  The program is called "Operation Homecooking" and it is described as "in its 35th year, the program provides the opportunity for families to share their traditional Thanksgiving celebrations with Air Force basic military trainees and technical school students, recognizing that many of them are away from home for the first time.

Brian and Brian are from Illinois and Utah and are currently in their 3rd week of Basic Military Training.  Guys, if you are reading this blog -- thank you for sharing your stories with us -- as ex-militiary member representing the Air Force, Army, and Navy, the three of us enjoyed our time with you for it brought back some terrific memories!  We salute you and your families for your service to our great Nation!  Be safe and take care -  Kristina, Mary, and Tony

If you live in the San Antonio area, I cannot tell you how wonderful this program is and if you can open your home to Lackland AFB Airmen next year, I encourage you to do so.  I have no doubt you will be blessed by the experience and will want to particiapte in Operation Homecooking again the following year!

Later:

Not only does it mean a lot to our service men and women, but it also means a lot to their families!
Hi Kristina,


I do not know you but I would like to say thank you so much for volunteering a great meal for my fiance and his wing man!! We could not thank you enough -- you are doing a wonderful thing for those guys and I'm sure they would all say the same! Brian is a great guy and for you letting him call home to IIllinois to speak to me and our daughter was awesome! Once again thanks -- if there's anything we can do let us know :):) Thanks...Nicky


No comments:

Post a Comment