No printing or copying pictures

Monday, November 22, 2010

Second WAO Animal Death at Wild Cat Sanctuary - T'Savo

Once again, I learned of yet another WAO animal death at Wild Cat Sanctuary, MN, on Facebook.  Now I understand why the Wild Cat Sanctuary director refused to send me pictures of T'Savo.  I am really scared Layla may either be dead or may be seriously ill since the director refused to send her pictures to me as well.  This is just horrible news.  Nicole is going to be very upset because T'Savo was her baby.  I remember when Nicole used to talk to T'Savo when I was catching up with Nicole on the day's events.  I could hear T'Savo making cute noices to Nicole--T'Savo really liked it when Nicole came out to see her.   I will miss T'Savo's antics -- especially when she played with her boomer ball, played hide-and-seek behind the feed bin, or tried to catch the attention of the juvenile workers placing mulch in her enclosure.  She was such a ham and she will be missed.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5577920&l=f818854c2d&id=185864382182

Our hearts are breaking at TWS. We lost Tsavo, the most precious lioness, this morning. We are just devestated beyond belief. This is a loss that feels impossible to ever overcome.


We love you so much Tsavo and were blessed to have you at the Sanctuary. Please visit us and Kita often.

Thank you to all the staff and critical care vets who did everything to try and keep her here with us longer. Your efforts and compassion are truly appreciated.


I wish Lakota, T'Savo, Kira, and Leyla never went to this "sanctuary."

This is how I will remember T'Savo:

Nicole's baby girl

Christmas 2009

Last time I saw T'Savo alive - May 1, 2010

Here is a link to the WAO's newsletter featuring T'Savo:  http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=c95107a9f0dc5a47c9dca4cc7&id=25fb2323e8
May God Bless T'Savo's soul in Heaven forever and ever -- Amen.

Later:  Well, I sent Tammy Theis an email asking how T'Savo died tonight.  I knew something was wrong when I saw all the photos on the Internet of Kira playing in the snow and T'Savo was no where to be found.  I now believe Tammy Theis lied to me when she said she was "too busy" to send me pictures of T'Savo and Leyla.  I now believe there was something very wrong with the two cats.  I will post any response I receive from Theis to this blog.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010:

Below is the complete email exchange between Tammy Theis and I.  I wonder, why (why!) did this sanctuary "spay" T'Savo when she housed with a female tiger?  Why did she have to undergo an unnecessary invasive surgery when she was such a sweet and loving lioness and not an aggressive animal?  If she was ever to be placed with a male, then why not neuter the male which is a lot less risky for the cat?  Why did Theis have T'Savo undergo a surgery so soon after her arrival?  What was the rush?  Couldn't the surgery have waited until after she acclimated to her new home?

I cannot even respond to this email because I am too upset right now. Emails should be read from the bottom of this page..up.
________________________________________

From: Tammy Thies
To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Tue, November 23, 2010 9:27:39 AM
Subject: RE: WAO Animals

Kristina -

We are beyond sad today and need time to mourn. I posted this on our FB page on the comments section. Please continue to read those.

This is the saddest day of my life and it is so hard to relive it over and over again. Tsavo was spayed and there were no complications.

A week after the spay she pulled out both layers of stitches. She punctured her intestines doing this. She was rushed into a 3 hr surgergy and was sedated an ICU for 2 days. We all thought we could save her but she passed away in her sleep yesterday morning.

It is the lowest day of ever running a sanctuary. It was not her time to go. She was a happy cat and very special to everyone. This is the most difficult loss I have ever encountered and will play it back over and over in my head.

I am sooo devastated and need time to deal with this. This is not an easy one.

Thank you for understanding.

________________________________________

From:Kristina Brunner

Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010
To: cat@wildcatsanctuary.org
Subject: Re: WAO Animals


> Tammy:

> What was T'Savo's cause of death?
________________________________________

----- Forwarded Message ----

From: "cat@wildcatsanctuary.org"

To: Kristina Brunner
Sent: Mon, November 15, 2010 10:05:16 AM
Subject: RE: WAO Animals

Here is a few of Layla.

Kristina – I know you care, but I have to put the 100 plus animals in our care first.

We have so much to do given it is winter.

There was one of Tsavo on FB – it seems you found that one.

Thanks.

Tammy Thies

Director

http://www.wildcatsanctuary.org/

PO Box314

Sandstone, MN 55072

(320) 245-6871

Watch our latest cat videos on Wildcat TV:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WildcatSanctuary

________________________________

From:Kristina Brunner
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:44 AM
To: cat@wildcatsanctuary.org
Subject: Re: WAO Animals

Hi Tammy -

I was only able to find one picture of Layla on the wall and two pictures of

T'Savo at WAO. Can you provide me the FB link of T'Savo at Wild Cat Sanctuary

and any additional pictures you may have of Layla?

Many thanks -

Kristina

________________________________

From:"cat@wildcatsanctuary.org"

To: Kristina Brunner

Sent: Mon, November 15, 2010 9:02:21 AM

Subject: RE: WAO Animals


Hi Kristina –

There are few pictures of Tsavo and Layla on our FB page wall as well.

We just had a big vet day yesterday so won’t have time for photos for awhile as
we are building another tiger pen.

All the patients did well.

They all love the snow – even Tsavo – she’s such a fun goof.

Layla is such a doll and is so calm.

We are also having an ebay auction that includes some of the cats’ artwork.
You’ll want to watch that on FB as well.

Tammy Thies

Director

http://www.wildcatsanctuary.org/

PO Box314

Sandstone, MN 55072

(320) 245-6871

Watch our latest cat videos on Wildcat TV:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WildcatSanctuary

________________________________

From:Kristina Brunner
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010
To: cat@wildcatsanctuary.org
Subject: Re: WAO Animals


Greetings Tammy:

By chance, would you have any pictures of T'Savo and Leyla. I saw the photos of

Kita and Sierra enjoying the snow and two photos of Ekaterina. Would you also

happen to have photos of Ekaterina in the snow?

How are the cats doing? Are they staying warm? Do they like the snow?

any thanks in advance for sharing pictures and details about the cats!

Regards,

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment