No printing or copying pictures

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cannot Trust Anyone to Tell the Truth Regarding the WAO Animals

For years I have been lied to by the government employees, WAO workers, Board members, and the like. 

Case in point:  Every year since the start of the WAO investigation, I would send an email to the USDA/APHIS, reminding the agency that winter is fast approaching and the WAO needed to prepare the grounds for winter.  This year was no exception as I had heard from various individuals there were problems caring for the WAO animal and no one was preparing the enclosures for colder weather.

I received this email from one such person:
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:54 AM
Subject: RE: Bears in new habitat

We spent Friday at both sites, what a terrible mess and now with winter coming on and no heat for those monkeys.
A few days later, I sent an email to Dr. Pannill of the USDA.  I was worried that the grounds may not have been ready for winter and with the temperatures dipping into the low 30s and high 40s, I was concerned about the primates.  Too many monkeys died over the years because of no heat.  This was the response I received:
----- Forwarded Message ----

From: "Elizabeth.C.Pannill@aphis.usda.gov"
          Sent: Thu, October 7, 2010 4:50:44 PM
Subject: Re: WAO Primates

WAO has begun the process of winterizing so don't worry .

Thanks for inquiring .

Dr. P
 Sent this back to the person who visited the property on Friday:

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:57 PM

Subject: Fw: WAO Primates

This is what I received from Dr. Pannill


----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Elizabeth.C.Pannill@aphis.usda.gov" Elizabeth.C.Pannill@aphis.usda.gov
Sent: Thu, October 7, 2010 4:50:44 PM
Subject: Re: WAO Primates

WAO has begun the process of winterizing so don't worry .

Thanks for inquiring .

Dr. P  
Her response:  
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:41 PM
Subject: RE: WAO Primates

Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is nonsense, there is MUCH to be VERY worried about. I have the entire run down and it is not good, this woman is…I won’t say it.
My response:
 
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:01 PM

Subject: Re: WAO Primates

Can you give me the run down as to what is happening there? k

Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 7:56 PM

Subject: RE: WAO Primates

We are trying to get things at least secure and warm for the animals, setting a budget to discuss funds needed to do so. Not an easy task.
I guess I shouldn't be too upset that my 'friend' did not give me the "run down" as to what was happening at the WAO.  Instead she chose to divert my questions by giving me a canned answer.  That's okay.  At this point I really didn't expect to learn the truth from anyone any more about what is happening at the WAO. 

Too many secrets.  No accountability.  Very sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment