No printing or copying pictures

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rumors Abound

Okay, the latest rumor is, when Ian Robinson (IFAW vet) was in San Antonio helping the WAO animals, his vehicle was hit by another vehicle, seriously injuring Ian.

I heard Dawn, his wife, flew down to San Antonio to help her husband home.  Apparently, Dawn had to rent a vehicle to drive Ian back home as he was unable to fly (I'm thinking body cast?).  Since Ian's departure, I've learned the meat and produce coordination came to a grinding halt.  Makes me wonder who filled Ian's shoes -- the WAO Board?  Yeah, right.

It is unknown when Ian or Dawn will be able to come back to San Antonio to help the animals still living at the WAO, assuming of course this rumor is true.  I was unable to find this story on the Internet, but I trust my sources, and so I'm reasonable confident this rumor is true.

I also learned more WAO big cats left the WAO this week, to parts unknown.  I guess I will have to wait until next year to discover where and when the animals left San Antonio.

And here is a special note - I heard Jenny Spellman and Mike Dereadt, WAO animal caretakers, tied the knot a couple of days ago.  Ahhhh....  should be interesting to see how long this marriage shall last considering they only dated for about six months.  Says a lot about the groom considering Mike and Terry Minchew were living together for years (up until January 2010) and never married!

No comments:

Post a Comment