No printing or copying pictures

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Surfing YouTube

So far, I have not received photographs of the bobcats, Zeus, Sierra, or Ekaterina.  The Wildcat Sanctuary director, in her last email to me, said she would check with the workers to see what pictures were available for sharing -- that was six days ago.  Since this sanctuary elected not to share photographs of the cats, I decided to search YouTube. 

I found this video.


If you want to skip the beginning of the video, go to time index 4.36, as this is the starting point of the WAO animal story.  I was happy to see the bobcats doing so well.  They looked like they were having a lot of fun and I was pleased to see a lot of enrichment items in their enclosure.  These items should keep the animals entertained for a long time.

I was heartbroken to learn that Layla will be moving to Wildcat Sanctuary without Lance.   I just sent an email to Dr. Pannill inquiring on Lance's health.  If Lance passed away, then it is no wonder why Layla feels depressed.  She and Lance have been cage mates for many years.  I fear Lance will give up living without his Layla--assuming of course he still lives.  I just don't understand why the two tigers were not kept together.
 
The Wildcat Sanctuary also plans to take in T'Savo and Kira as soon as their new enclosure is built.  I'll be looking forward to seeing video or pictures of the lion and tiger in their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment